Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tea With Jane Austen

Tuesday Tea Time And Letters


How has your Tuesday been?  I had a lovely cup of tea and started reading this delightful book by Lori Smith, The Jane Austen Guide To Life.  The book, described as " a light biography and guide...on everything from living our dreams, being a woman of substance, finding a good man, managing money, and more" certainly delivers.  I am enjoying its thoughtful, meditative style-- almost prosaic.  Perfect to snuggle up with on these chilly days and sipping a hot cup of  tea (in this case, Chocolate Chai).  And yes, I have laundry needing to be folded, dishes are in the sink, and papers need grading.  Those things can wait for I believe that there needs to be a time for loveliness and physical rest each day even if it doesn't amount to more than 15 minutes.  Do you concur?

After reading a bit about all the struggles Jane Austen endured with her writing, it made me feel ashamed of all the excuses I give for not pursuing my projects with the same ardor.  Did you realize that Jane Austen had been writing for 25 years before her first book was published?  Incredible.  I haven't read far into the book, but what I have read, I highly recommend.  

So my afternoon ritual of putting the kettle on , sipping tea, and reading a few pages from a good book gets me primed to sit down and write a letter to my own "dear Cassandra".  I am indeed blessed to have two sisters to write to.  To whom  will you be writing today?

Write Letters,
Write often,

Lady Pamela

6 comments:

  1. This blog is enlightening us regarding the new mold style of the shirts. And furthermore giving us an offer in which he give us 10%off in look at this site shoping. I am prepared to go for soping in the shopping center and purchase numerous new things for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is need a few people who have enthusiasm for toon demonstrating. These all fascinating individuals are come here contect that given visit website number which is given blow. Furthermore, just those people who are great in acting they chose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correspondence is the most ideal approach to awe the general population. On the off chance that you can talk in english then you should ready to utilize paper writing in your see more details wording and when you utilize this then you should ready to do anything. in the event that you have no power then you are not ready to do any sort of working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When we come to understand those than we come to know about the life things which are all about additional info in the websites provided to us and they provides the best information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have clothing waiting be collapsed, dishes are in the sink, and papers require reviewing. Those things can sit tight for I trust that there should be a period for beauty and physical rest every day regardless of whether it doesn't add up to over 15 minutes. For getting more content about the rules then http://www.colonchecker.com/colon-usage-rules/ is the finest source for getting this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When we come to understand those than we come to know about the life things which are all about additional info in the websites provided to us and they provideus the best information.

    ReplyDelete