Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tuesday Tea Time and Letters

Tea with Jane





This is such a lovely book.  Have you read it?  I have re read it for a second time and it was just as enjoyable as the first read.  Kim Wilson  pulls out nearly every mention of tea from all of Jane Austen's novels and letters.  I find that fascinating--does that make me a nerd?

I am having some black tea, Lipton Natural Energy...for a little pick up  this afternoon.  What about you?  Do you have any tea rituals when you sit down to write letters?  I wonder if Jane did?  She was in charge of the tea in her home.  She held the key to the cabinet where the tea was stored and typically made the tea for the family at breakfast.

Sometimes, when I receive several letters in one day, I put the kettle on, and make a pot of tea, place it in it's cozy to keep it warm, put it on a tea tray with some goodies, and  then I make my way to my sitting room for some quite time to enjoy my tea and letters.  Perfect relaxation!

Just a business note...the Pen Friend sign ups for November/December begin on Thursday Oct. 15th.  But, I have already received several !  This will be a lovely exchange.  Details coming.

Have a beautiful tea (or coffee if that is what you prefer) inspired day,

Lady Pamela

7 comments:

  1. When you are writing something, you might need some tea. You might look here
    as how they explain that tea is connected to writing side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people would say that they must need tea at writing time but source says that most of the writers do this while they are writing something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When some writers are going to write some they are connected to tea you should try this website as they said about those regular things they do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reading with black tea is the ideal combination and this tea makes your reading far more enjoyable at that time as http://www.correctthesentence.com/polish-your-writing-with-grammar-sentence-check/ has read about the situations when you can enjoy your readings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The letter was daintily enclosed by an exquisite napkin! I had never thought of utilizing napkins in this way. This was totally new...but I thought it was completely getting! Not exclusively was her letter such a blessing in itself, however, she sent along a quite little napkin set for me in which to attempt my hand. I try to read more about this letters which i felt need little bit improvement.

    ReplyDelete